Start 2016 off right with a focus on financial success!
5 New Year’s resolutions that will help you achieve your financial goals this year.
We may be halfway through January already but that doesn’t mean that it’s too late to set resolutions for the rest of 2016. Especially if those resolutions will help you on your way towards financial success. Not sure where to start? Read on for our top five financial New Year’s resolutions, and make the most of your money throughout 2016!
5 Financial Resolutions to Start 2016
- Resolution #1: Find a resolution buddy. Team up with your spouse, family member, or friend and share your goals, achievements and set backs with this person throughout the year. As a result, you will be held accountable for your other resolutions. Plus, having another person’s support will help keep you stay on track even if you have a few setbacks.
- Resolution #2: Organize your financial documents and work space. You’ll have a much easier time setting and achieving your other monetary goals if you have an understanding of your current finances. Create a tidy workspace, file receipts and important documents, and organize your computer files too. You may be surprised by how much easier financial tasks become after doing this.
- Resolution #3: Make a budget. Evaluate the money that you have coming in and your expenses going out. From there determine if you or other members of your household have any unnecessary spending habits; try to remove bad habits from your expenditures. Make an effort to check in with your budget on a monthly basis to see if you are achieving your goals; make adjustments as necessary. For more helpful tips, read How to Create a Budget.
- Resolution #4: Set it and forget it. Set up automated payments where possible. By making automatic payments to credit card bills, your mortgage, or even a separate savings account, you’ll never have to think twice about where to allocate those funds. Often you may even forget about this “extra” money, preventing any temptation to postpone payments to use the money for something else.
- Resolution #5: Put a great team behind you. Make 2016 the year that you put together a group of trusted financial professionals, such as lawyers, accountants and/or business advisors, and allow them to help you save money when it matters.
For more information on how Winstanley Business Advisors can assist you in achieving your 2016 financial New Year’s Resolutions, do not hesitate to contact us at 604-922-3930.
(Image via Pixabay)